Espresso-flavored chocolate cookie barswith an espresso-flavored cheesecake filling swirled throughout.
Recipe: Zebra Espresso Bars
3 large eggs – divided use
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar – divided use
1 cup all-purpose flour – divided use
3/4 cup butter, cut in small pieces – divided use
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup strong hot espresso
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C ).Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 egg,1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons each flour and butter, and espressopowder. With an electric mixer at medium speed, beat until lightand fluffy. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, sift remaining sugarand flour with cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir remainingbutter into hot coffee. Add to dry ingredients and stirto blend. Beat in remaining 2 eggs, one at a time, beating wellafter each addition.
- Spread chocolate batter evenly in preparedpan. Spoon cheese mixture, in several separate pools, over chocolatebatter, spacing evenly. Run knife through batters to marbleize.
- Bake about 30 minutes. Cool on wire rack,then cut into 3 x 1 1/2-inch bars. Store in refrigerator.Makes 18 bars.
If the Zebra Espresso Bars recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.