This fluffy, meringue-like frosting isalso known as seven minute frosting. No matter what you callit, it is delightfully delicious and turns any cake into a masterpieceworthy of a pedestal!
Recipe: White Mountain Frostingwith Variations
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Makes enough to frost a 13 x 9 x 2-inchcake or fill and frost 2 (8 or 9-inch) cake layers.
- Cherry-Nut Frosting: Stir in 1/4 cup choppedcandied cherries, 1/4 cup chopped nuts (toasted if desired) anda few drop red food coloring (optional).
- Chocolate Revel Frosting: Stir in 1/2cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips or 1 ounce coarsely gratedunsweetened chocolate.
- Coffee Frosting: Substitute packed brownsugar for the granulated sugar. Decrease vanilla to 1/2 teaspoonand beat in 1 teaspoon powdered instant coffee.
- Orange Frosting: Substitute 1/2 teaspoonorange extract for the vanilla and add 1 teaspoon grated orangezest.
- Peppermint Frosting: Stir in 1/3 cup coarselycrushed peppermint candy or 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Satin Brown Sugar Frosting: Substitutepacked brown sugar for the granulated sugar and decrease vanillato 1/2 teaspoon.
Note: It is recommended to avoid preparingthis type of frosting on humid days, although not impossibleto make, it will require a longer beating time.
Food & RecipesIf the White Mountain Frostingwith Variations recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.