Popularized by the movie ‘Sleepless InSeattle,’ this dessert has since become an all-American favorite.Easy to assemble, this version requires no cooking.
2 1/2 cups coffee
10 tablespoons vanilla-flavored syrup (see note) – divided use
4 large egg yolks*
3 tablespoons superfine sugar
1 pound mascarpone cheese
4 packages lady fingers (1 dozen per package)
1 tablespoon NESTL ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
Makes 8 servings.
Vanilla syrup can be bought in most specialtycoffee shops and many supermarkets. (For a more traditional,take on the recipe, substitute dry sherry for the vanilla syrup.)
For salmonella-safe egg yolks or wholeeggs you will need:
- a small, heavy saucepan
- a heatproof, 2-cup glass measuring cup
- a large stainless steel mixing bowl
- wooden or plastic stirring spoon
- a quick-read kitchen thermometer
Perform the following steps and set aside:
- ·Place eggs or yolks in saucepan.Add liquid from recipe (2 tablespoons of liquid per yolk). Stirgently just to combine.
- ·Fill measuring cup 2/3 full withboiling-hot water.
- ·Prepare the bowl by half-fillingit with ice water.
Heat eggs or yolks over very low heat,stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 160°F. Betweeneach use, rinse off thermometer in the hot water. When desiredtemperature is reached, place saucepan in bowl of ice water tostop heating process. When cool, proceed with recipe. OR, substitute1/2 cup egg substitute for the egg yolks.
Recipe and photograph are the propertyof Nestl ® and Meals.com, used with permission.
TIRAMISU – VIDEO RECIPEIf the Traditional-StyleTiramisu recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.