Crispy fried wedges of fresh corn tortillascook inside this southwestern-style frittata with mild greenchiles, and onion, topped with melted cheddar cheese, a sprinkleof diced tomato and fresh cilantro, and served garnished withsalsa. This versatile dish can be served anytime of the day,from breakfast to supper.
Another delicious recipe from our Family-FavoriteRecipes Collection.
Recipe: Tex-Mex Frittata
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and stirin the green chiles, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Stack tortillas and cut into 8 wedges(cut stack in half; then quarters, then eighths); separate.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet just untilhot. Fry tortilla wedges over medium-highheat until crisp, stirring frequently.Reduce heat to medium and add onions, cookinguntil onions begin to soften.
- Pour in beaten egg mixture. As eggs begin to set at the bottom and sides, gentlylift cooked portions with spatula so thatuncooked egg can flow to bottom. Donot stir.
- When nearly set, sprinklewith the cheese, reduce heat to low**, cover with lid and heatjust until cheese has melted and eggis cooked.
- Sprinkle with diced tomato and choppedcilantro.
- Serve in wedges garnished with salsa.Makes 6 servings.*Use remaining chiles as desired, or freezefor future use in another Tex-Mex frittata or for adding moreflavor to soups, chilis, etc.**If cooking on an electric range, youmay only need to turn off the heat source at this point, as thereshould be enough heat from the burner to continue cooking theegg and melt the cheese.Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6of recipe): 274.3 calories; 62% calories from fat; 19.0g totalfat; 231.3mg cholesterol; 375.5mg sodium; 211.4mg potassium;13.8g carbohydrates; 2.1g fiber; 1.8g sugar; 11.7g net carbs;12.7g protein.Copyright Hope Pryor, please see Termsof Use. Photograph by Hope Pryor; property of CooksRecipes.com.
Tex-Mex Cup 1 If the Tex-Mex Frittata recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.
Best breakfast recipes!