A delicious way to take advantage of yoursummer garden’s bounty of red ripe tomatoes.
Another delicious recipe from our Family-FavoriteRecipes Collection.
Recipe: Summer Delight Pizza
- 1 Italian flatbread (such as foccacia)
- 1 (8-ounce) package soft goat cheese
- 4 medium-sized vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 large bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red or white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and sliced
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).If you have a pizza stone, place in the oven to heat.
- Place flatbread on an ungreased bakingsheet without sides (or use the bottom of a baking sheet). Spreadgoat cheese on top bread.
- Combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil andgarlic; spread over goat cheese.
- Top with bell pepper, onion, olives, andsun-dried tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carefully transfer pizza to oven and placeatop hot pizza stone, or place baking sheet directly in ovenwithout a pizza stone.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot.Makes 8 servings.Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8of recipe): 277.0 calories; 27% calories from fat; 8.6g totalfat; 1.6mg cholesterol; 127.5mg sodium; 245.2mg potassium; 43.0gcarbohydrates; 3.5g fiber; 2.1g sugar; 39.5g net carbs; 7.1gprotein.
Copyright Hope Pryor, please see Termsof Use.
SUPER VEGGIE DELIGHTIf the Summer Delight Pizza recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.