Poke cakes are fun, festive and yummy…thisone bursts with the springtime flavor of strawberry in everybite!
Recipe: Strawberry Poke Cake
1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
2 (3-ounce) packages strawberry gelatin2 cups boiling water
1 (12-ounce) container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed- divided use
Fresh strawberries, optional
Makes 12 servings.
Directions for a 9-inch Layer Cake:
- Bake cake mix according to cake mix directionsusing two 9-inch round cake pans. Cool cakes for 10 minutes ona wire rack and remove from pans. Cool cakes completely.
- Place baked cake layers, top side up,each in clean 9-inch round cake pans. Pierce cakes with largefork at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Prepare strawberry gelatin as instructedabove and pour evenly over cake layers. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Dip one of the cake pans in warm water10 seconds.; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cupof the whipped topping.
- Unmold second cake layer; carefully placeon first cake layer.
- Frost top and side of cake with remainingwhipped topping. Decorate as desired. Store leftover cake inrefrigerator.
Poke Cake Recipe! Jell-OIf the Strawberry Poke Cake recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.