A Viennese-style cookie topped with apricotjam and a decorative drizzle of chocolate.
Recipe: Sacher-Torte Cookies
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup apricot jam
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1 cup butterand sugar on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg. Reduceto low speed, beat in unsweetened baking cocoa and flour untiljust blended. Floured hands, shape teaspoon of dough into 3/4-inchballs.
- Place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookiesheets. Make an indentation in the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until firm.Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Spoon a dab of apricot jam in each indentation.
- In a small saucepan, stir together semi-sweetchocolate chips and remaining butter; when melted and smooth,drizzle over the cookies. Cool until the frosting is set.Makes 36 cookies.
If the Sacher-Torte Cookies recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.