This soup’s broth is so robustly flavoredwith lemon and hot peppers it will make your taste buds sit upand take notice!
Another delicious recipe from our Family-FavoriteRecipes Collection.
Recipe: Kung Tom Yam (ThaiPrawn Soup)
- Wash, shell (save the shells) and de-veinprawns. Heat oil in large soup pot and saute shells until theyturn pink. Add hot water, salt, lemon grass or rind, citrus leavesand whole chilies. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain stock, return to a boil, add prawnsand mushrooms (about a minute after the prawns) and simmer for3 to 4 minutes or until prawns are cooked.
- Remove from heat and add fish sauce, lemonjuice, cilantro leaves, green onions and the tomato.
- Suggested Serving: Spoon desired amountof cooked rice into individual serving bowls and ladle hot soupover rice.Makes 6 servings.
* Fish sauce is available in Asian foodsspecialty stores, but may also be available on the Asian specialtyfoods aisle in your local supermarket. If you prepare a lot ofstir-fry and Asian dishes , you really should keep this producton hand as a staple in your kitchen.
Cook’s Note: This soup should have a pronouncedlemon flavor. If needed, adjust the amount of lemon juice toachieve this.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6of recipe): 207.9 calories; 22% calories from fat; 5.2g totalfat; 229.8mg cholesterol; 938.0mg sodium; 576.8mg potassium;7.3g carbohydrates; 1.3g fiber; 2.5g sugar; 5.9g net carbs; 32.7gprotein.
Copyright Hope Pryor, please see Termsof Use.
Tom Yum Soup Thai Food Recipes – Learn How to Make Tom Yam Soup GoongIf the Kung Tom Yam (ThaiPrawn Soup) recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.