Not only is homemade apple crisp easy tomake, it’s delicious and nutritious! Use your favorite bakingapple or combination of apples such as Granny Smith, McIntoshand Braeburn.
Another delicious recipe from our Family-FavoriteRecipes Collection.
Recipe: Hope’s Apple Crisp
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamonPinch of kosher or sea salt
1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla icecream for accompaniment (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place prepared apples in a greased 9-inchsquare (2-quart) baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar, oats, flour, cinnamonand salt in medium bowl; cut in butter until mixture resemblescoarse crumbs. (Use a pastry cutter or impeccably clean fingersto incorporate the butter into the mixture. You don’t want biglumps of butter, nothing larger than a pea, please!)
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the slicedapples.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until applesare tender and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream,if desired.Makes 6 servings.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup butterscotch chips overthe sliced apples prior to topping with the crumb mixture tomake a “caramel apple crisp”.
- Substitute 6 cups of other types of fruitsuch as sliced peaches, sliced pears, cherries (drain cannedcherries), blueberries, blackberries, etc. You can mix and match’em, too!
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6of recipe, without optional ingredients): 331.0 calories; 41%calories from fat; 15.6g total fat; 40.7mg cholesterol; 167.0mgsodium; 211.8mg potassium; 49.1g carbohydrates; 1.9g fiber; 37.6gsugar; 47.1g net carbs; 1.5g protein.
Copyright Hope Pryor, please see Termsof Use. Photograph by Hope Pryor; property of CooksRecipes.com.
Crispiest Apple Crisp Ever! Easy Apple Crisp Recipe with Ultra Crispy ToppingIf the Hope’s Apple Crisp recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.