A thin layer of fruit jam is all that comesbetween the brown sugar crust and the walnut-flavored topping.Melted chocolate chips are spread over the top to finish thesebars off.
Recipe: Chocolate WalnutJam Bars
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).Grease 13×9-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in small mixerbowl; beat in 1 3/4 cups flour. Press onto bottom of preparedbaking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightlybrowned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Spread jam over crust. Combine walnutsand sugar in small bowl; set aside 2 tablespoons for topping.Beat eggs until light in large mixer bowl; beat in remainingwalnut mixture, 2 tablespoons flour and vanilla extract. Stirin 1 cup morsels. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until topis set. Immediately sprinkle remaining morsels over top. Letstand for 5 minutes until morsels are shiny; spread. Sprinklewith reserved walnut mixture. Cool; refrigerate for 10 minutesto set chocolate.Makes about 4 1/2 dozen or 54 (1-inch)bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/54of recipe): Calories: 130 Calories from Fat: 70 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 20 mg Sodium: 25 mg Carbohydrates:14 g Dietary Fiber: .5 g Sugars: 9 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photograph are the propertyof Nestl ® and Meals.com, used with permission.
Moroccan SweetsIf the Chocolate WalnutJam Bars recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.