These tasty, rice-made macaroons are gluten-free.
Recipe: Chocolate Dipped Walnut Macaroons
3/4 cup walnuts, toasted
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 cups cooked rice, chilled
2 large egg whites
Vegetable cooking spray
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (the Nestle brandis gluten-free)
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
Walnut halves, toasted (optional)
- Chop walnuts in food processor until finelyground. Add coconut and sugar; process until coconut is finelyminced. Add rice; pulse to blend. Add egg whites; pulse to blend.
- Spoon mixture into miniature muffin tinscoated with cooking spray, filling to top.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) 40 to 45minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.Run a sharp knife around each macaroon shell, and gently removefrom pan.
- Combine chocolate chips and vegetableshortening in top of double boiler. Cook over medium-low heat,stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Dip one half of each macaroon and eachwalnut in melted chocolate; garnish undipped macaroon half withdipped walnut half. Let set until firm. Cover and refrigerate2 hours or until serving time.Makes 2 1/2 dozen.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.
Blissful Coconut Macaroons Recipe – Vegan – Dessert A Day Project #2
If the Chocolate DippedWalnut Macaroons recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.