Festive, kirsch-flavored chocolate brownieswith chopped maraschino cherries, white chocolate chips and sliveredalmonds in every yummy bite.
Recipe: Cherry White Chocolate Chip Brownies
1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, welldrained
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 tablespoon kirsch (cherry brandy) or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 teaspoon almond extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder1/3 cup chopped slivered almonds
1 cup white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Generouslygrease an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Pat chopped cherries between layers ofpaper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs, corn syrup,brandy and almond extract in medium bowl until well blended.Add flour, cocoa and baking powder to butter mixture, beatinguntil blended.
- Stir in chopped cherries, almonds andwhite chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until browniesbegin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in panon wire rack. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Cut brownies into squares.Makes about 16 brownies.brownies barsIf the Cherry White ChocolateChip Brownies recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.