Serve this south-of-the-border breakfastcasserole with fresh fruit and steaming cups of Mexican hot chocolate.
Recipe: Cheesy BreakfastBurrito Bake
12 (10-inch) flour tortillas
2 cups (1 pound) Wisconsin Jalapeño Cold Pack cheese
4 1/2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
3/4 cup ripe black olives, pitted, sliced
3/4 cup scallions or green onions, sliced
24 large eggs, lightly beaten3 to 4 tablespoons butter, or as neededto scramble eggs
1 1/2 cups prepared mild salsa
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Wisconsin Colby or cheddar, shredded
Makes 12 servings.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole ifdesired.
- Other Cold Pack cheese flavors, such asbacon or horseradish, may be substituted.
- Shredded barbecued chicken, turkey, beefor pork may be substituted for the scrambled eggs.
- For a lower calorie/cholesterol filling,try using a scrambled egg substitute instead of whole eggs.
- Burritos can be served as out-of-handsandwich if not topped and heated with additional salsa and cheese.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesyof Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.
WINTER VEG BAKE RECIPE – SORTEDIf the Cheesy BreakfastBurrito Bake recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.