This pink Easter bunny cookie craft isperfect for moms looking for something fun to do with the kids.
Recipe: Bunnies in the Garden
AGE: Adults and kids 6 and up with adulthelp
DURATION: Over an hour
WHAT YOU NEED:
Green and white washable nontoxic paint
11 1/2 by 13 1/2-inch wooden tray
36 wooden craft sticks
Easter grass, excelsior grass, or shredded paper
Pastel pipe cleaners
1 (13.5-ounce) package NESTL ® TOLL HOUSE® RefrigeratedPink Easter Bunnies Sugar Cookies
EASY COOKIE ICING (optional), recipe follows
HOW TO DO IT:
TO MAKE THE VEGETABLES:
- For carrots, cut one orange pipe cleanerin half. Making long, flat coils, shape the pipe cleaner intoa carrot with a pointed end. Cut a 1/2 inch green pipe cleanerand thread it through the last fold of the rounded end. Twistit to make the carrot-top leaves.
- For eggplants, cut one purple pipe cleanerin half. Making long, flat coils, shape the pipe cleaner intoan eggplant with a rounded end. Cut 2 to 3 inches of green pipecleaner and begin coiling it at both ends to make the leaves.Thread the leaves through the pointed end of the eggplant andtwist once to secure.
- For cabbages, coil one-third of a greenpipe cleaner, beginning at one end. Bend the pipe cleaner 45degrees and begin a new coil for the next two-thirds. Finally,coil the remaining end. Fold coils toward each other to makecabbage leaves; glue one medium-sized yellow pom-pom in the middlefor the cabbage.
- For strawberry vines, take one green pipecleaner and create an uneven zigzag from end to end. For thestrawberry, make small, round coils (2 to 3 rotations) usingpink pipe cleaner; cut when size is proportional. Thread a 1/2inch piece of green pipe cleaner through an end; twist once tosecure. Glue the strawberry to the vine. Repeat strawberry instructionsto make four more pink fruits.
TO MAKE THE FLOWERS:
- For yellow sunflowers, fold a pipe cleanerin half four times; twist once. Spread out each flower petal;glue one pom-pom in the middle. To make the stem, cut a 2 to3 inch section of green pipe cleaner. Pinch a small section tothe right and left to make leaves. Glue the bloom to the stem.
- For tulips, make a flat coil at one end.About one-third of the way, make another set of flat coils. Whenone-third is left, coil that section toward the middle. Shapethe three sets of coils into a tulip. To make the stem, cut a2 to 3 inch section of green pipe cleaner. Pinch a small sectionto the right and left to make leaves. Glue the bloom to the stem.
- For pansies, make 4 round coils out ofone pipe cleaner. Shape coils to form flower and glue a pom-pomin the middle. To make the stem, cut a 2 to 3 inch section ofgreen pipe cleaner. Pinch a small section to the right and leftto make leaves. Glue the bloom to the stem.
Makes 24 cookies (2 dozen)
FOR EASY COOKIE ICING (optional): 1 cupsifted powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk and 1/4 teaspoon vanillaextract in small bowl. Stir in additional milk, a teaspoon ata time, until desired consistency. For colored icing, tint withfood coloring.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories:50 Calories from Fat: 20 Total Fat: 2.5 g Saturated Fat: 1 gCholesterol: 5 mg Sodium: 55 mg Carbohydrates: 7 g Dietary Fiber:0 g Sugars: 4 g Protein: 0 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestl ® and Meals.com, used with permission.
How to Keep Deer & Rabbits Out of the Garden : Natural Pest ControlIf the Bunnies in the Garden recipe was useful and interesting, you can share it with your friends or leave a comment.